I’m. Done. Playing. Games. With. Little. Boys.
Ladies, it’s high time we stop entertaining little boys and “grown men” and we start dating good men. I know that last statement sounds contradicting, but keep in mind that a grown man doesn’t need to tell you that he’s grown. He will exude it in all that he does. It’s in the way he carries himself. Any man who constantly needs to reiterate that fact still has a lot of growing up to do.
I believe that most times when we find a great guy, we are a bit rebellious and in disbelief that he could be so great–but we need to stop selling ourselves short here. We need to stop believing that a good man is unrealistic. We need to stop believing that a good man is too good to be true. We are worth too much to date men who have yet to see our value. It’s time to raise our standards, ladies. This is what it’s really like to finally date a good man. Let’s get into it!
- You don’t have to wonder about how he feels about you.
- You feel desired.
- He accepts your past and doesn’t feel a need to bring it up.
- He’s honest.
- He cares about your wellbeing.
- He supports you.
- His conversation is fruitful.
- You want to tell the world about him.
- You have reservations, but every day he shows you that you have nothing to worry about.
- He is genuine.
- He has a heart of gold.
- He motivates you to be the best version of yourself.
- You’re attracted to him in more ways than one.
- Physical attraction isn’t the height of your relationship.
- You see yourself differently.
- He celebrates you.
- Others see your “glow.”
- Your good days are really, really good.
- Your bad days aren’t that bad.
- You love spending time with him.
- He encourages you to enjoy yourself without him.
- You want to experiment with him.
- You want to please him.
- He wants to please you.
- He comforts you.
- He answers your calls and texts regularly.
- He courts you.
- He’s romantic.
- He makes even the little things feel so special.
- You don’t fight often.
- Your friends and family love him.
- He’s not too clingy, but he’s present.
- He calls you beautiful.
- He makes sure you know that he’s happy.
- He remembers all the important things about your relationship.
- He is observant of the things that make you happy.
- He does those things often.
- He doesn’t play games.
- Your standards raise significantly.
- He makes you happy.
If this list sounds unrealistic to you, you’re dating the wrong type of men, honey. Give the good guy a try. No, he still won’t be perfect, but the chances of him disappointing you are slim to none. I promise.
Here’s to giving love a chance, girlfriend.