You guys know I’m all about honesty. I’m never opposed to grabbing a drink whether it be at happy hour after a long day of work or while dancing the night away in Manhattan. Along with my decision to eat healthier, I did a little research on healthier alcoholic drink choices. This will be a shorter entry, but I still figured it would be a good thing to share with you! Now, it’s important to know that excess drinking is in NO way healthy. Try to take it easy when you’re having drinks. Sure it’s fun at the time, but you probably won’t be feeling too hot in the morning. Here are 5 ways to watch your calorie count while enjoying an alcoholic beverage.
- Choose wine. A 5 oz. glass of wine has about 100 calories in it. A normal serving of wine is normally about 4 oz.
- Try light beer. Although beer contains a lot of yeast and should be drank in moderation, a light beer is not as high in calories as an Ale.
- If you’re not big on wine, a 1.5 oz. (about a shot and a half) of your favorite liquor on the rocks also contains about 100 calories.
- The real calories come in with the mixers. Try diet mixers, water, tonic, or a 100% juice instead of cocktail mixes like pina colada.
- Try to limit your intake and switch between an alcoholic beverage and a non-alcoholic beverage.